Programs & Services
Our confidential services are offered free of charge to help you transform your life no matter your age, gender, race or socio-economic status. We even have an on-site kennel for your pets!
We provide solutions to end domestic violence today and for future generations through empowerment, advocacy and innovative programs and services.
The Shelter offers services at confidential locations in:
- Naples - Administrative Office, Naples Outreach Office, Beau Venturi Home (emergency shelter)
- Immokalee - Immokalee Outreach Office and victims services
- Bonita Springs - counseling, advocacy and support programs
Remember: No matter what you call it - dating violence, spousal abuse, intimate partner violence, domestic abuse, violence against women, animal cruelty, domestic violence, elder abuse, family violence - abuse is never acceptable and never your fault!
Please click on the links below for a PDF version of Programs & Services:
English Speaking Spanish Speaking Creole Speaking
The Shelter's staff is working to end family violence so that you, your family, friends and co-workers never have to experience abuse.
Our focus is on primary prevention initiatives - creative programs and services that help you develop the skills to prevent abuse from ever occurring in your life:
- Domestic Violence Task Force: staff, attorneys and representatives from Naples Community Hospital, the Collier County School District, local community organizations, Collier County Sheriffs Office and Legal Aid collaborating on a comprehensive plan to prevail over domestic violence in our community
- Domestic Violence in the Workplace: a program targeting human resource representatives, or their counterparts at smaller companies, to help make them aware of the effects of domestic violence on business and employees. Download our Florida brochure or National brochure to learn more.
Hands Are for Helping: an at-play program empowering kindergarten students and teachers to develop non-aggressive ways to deal with emotions
Expect Respect: a school-based program for middle and high school students promoting safe and healthy relationships while encouraging students to share what they learn with friends and family
'Gentle'men Against Domestic Violence®: helping boys and young men to evolve beyond macho stereotypes to develop self-respect and respect for others and then share what they've learned
Healthy Relationships: teens and adults exploring the components of healthy relationships to ensure their own relationships remain violence-free
- Community Awareness: bringing information and family violence solutions to the community through our Speaker's Bureau, news releases, seminars, special events, community activities and free presentations
- Youth Advisory Council: a partner with The Shelter, the YAC is made up of teens from across Collier County working to change the knowledge, attitudes, beliefs and behaviors of teens, reducing teen dating violence in our community
All services are confidential and provided free of charge. For more information on programs designed to prevent family violence, please call 239.775.3862.
Life-saving programs and services offered by skilled and compassionate staff help you (children, teens, adults, elders and your pets) find safety and start a path to peace:
Confidential 24-hour crisis line: 239.775.1101; TTY 239.775.4265
Emergency Shelter: the state-of-the-art Beau Venturi Home (Take a Tour), a 60-bed residential shelter, complete with Protect Your Pet Program featuring an on-site kennel (Protect Your Pet). Located at a confidential site in Naples; serving all of Collier County, FL
Emergency Cell Phone Program: a free cell phone to call 911 if needed (for emergency services only). For more information, please call 239.775.3862
Advocacy & Support Programs: in English & Spanish, provided in Naples, Immokalee and Bonita Springs; empowering children, adults, elders and special populations in transforming their lives
Court & Legal Advocacy: on-site lawyers (Naples) and advocates assist you with civil matters directly related to domestic violence
Victims Services: Immokalee Outreach staff working with the State's Attorney's Office to assist victims currently in the court system
InVEST: advocates and law enforcement collaborating on cases of high-lethality (high risk for domestic violence homicide)
Brookdale Elder Abuse Response Program: meeting the distinctive needs of abuse victims 50 years and older; made possible by a grant from The Brookdale Foundation Group
Women of Means Program: supports women who have specialized needs based on their abusers’ power, privilege and access to resources. For more information on the Women of Means Program, please call 239.280.1384, ext. 258; download the Women of Means Brochure here
Direct Assistance: meeting basic needs so you can focus on personal empowerment and breaking the cycle of abuse
All services are confidential and provided free of charge. For more information on current programs designed to protect victims of domestic violence, please contact The Shelter at 239.775.3862.
You can prevail over the abuse in your life and help The Shelter change society's acceptance of violence in the home:
- Clinical Counseling Program: in English & Spanish, provided in Naples and Immokalee, four licensed therapists and five Master’s level clinicians provide free, empowerment-based, trauma-informed counseling services.
- Transitional Housing Program: move towards self-sufficiency by developing real-world skills while under The Shelter's supportive wing in one of four THP cottages (must meet certain criteria to participate)
Healing Arts: heal from the past, live fully in the present and create a future free from abuse using art therapy, creative writing, drumming circles, yoga and other creative outlets; download the Healing Arts brochure here
Options Thrift Shoppe: empower change in our community by donating to/making purchases at Options Thrift Shoppe. Proceeds support our life-transforming services while program participants shop, free of charge, for clothing, accessories, furniture and household items:
Options Thrift Shoppe - 968 Second Ave. N, Naples, FL. Hours: Monday to Saturday, 9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. For more information, please call 239.434.7115.
The Shelter's programs and services are all confidential and provided free of charge. For more information, please call 239.775.3862; TTY 239.775.4265.
You can make a difference - learn the facts, take action and transform lives, homes, schools and communities today!
Characteristics of a Healthy Relationship
Dating Bill of Rights
Signs of An Abusive Personality
Teen Dating Violence
Why Does She Stay? Six-part series
Questions to Ask Before Starting a New Relationship
As always, if you have questions or require more information, call our confidential 24-hour crisis line at 239.775.1101, or TTY 239.775.4265.